With the most recent wave of Technology User Profile (TUP), MetaFacts has gathered updated profiles on technology adopters – from the highly sought Early Adopters through the Majority to the Laggards.
The Technology Adoption chapter address many questions:
- Who are the tech early adopters, and what sets them apart?
- Which are most similar: PC Early Adopters, Mobile phone Early Adopters, or Tablet Early Adopters?
- Are Tablet PCs an entry-level connected device for lower socioeconomic segments?
- How much is tablet adoption linked to children being in the household?
- Are employees in certain industries more likely to be tech laggards?
- Is the adoption curve for Tablets similar to that for PCs and Mobile Phones?
- Is there any commonality between Tablet Early Adopters and those wanting to be first with wearable tech?
- Are Tower Desktop PCs used by more PC Early Adopters or Laggards?
- Are Tablet Early Adopters more likely to use an Apple Home PC than Tablet Laggards?
- What type of Early Adopters are using Network-Attached-Storage (NAS) at home?
- What type of Early Adopters are using wearable technology such as FitBit or GoCams?
- What type of Early Adopters use their connected devices for the broadest range of activities?
- How do Tablet Early Adopters use their Tablets differently from other Tablet users?
- How do Tablet Early Adopters use their PCs differently from other PC users?
- How do PC Early Adopters use their PCs differently from other PC users?
- Are Tablet Early Adopters more likely or less likely than average to have PC buying plans?
- Which broad ethnic group has high shares of both Smartphone and Basic cell phone Early Adopters?
- Are Smartphone Early Adopters more or less likely to want to be the first with Wearable Technology?
- Are Smartphone Early Adopters more or less likely to be using an Apple iPhone?
- Do Smartphone Early Adopters spend more or less than average on Tech Products & Services?
- What types of PCs do new PC users as compared to long-time PC users?
- Do long-time PC users spend more hours with their PCs than newer users?
- Are newer PC users or long-time PC users more likely to be using a mobile phone?
- Which are used more by long-time mobile phone users than newer ones: Apple or LG?
- Who spends more on all their tech devices – long-time or first-time PC users?
For more information about obtaining the Technology Adoption chapter, please contact MetaFacts.
Other Chapters in the TUP 2015 Full Edition include: